Affiliate marketing is undeniably one of the best ways for you to create your own passive income opportunity online with next to zero investment. In this Affiliate Marketing for Beginners guide; you’ll learn all you need to know about affiliate marketing, and how you too can start making money online without having to exchange your precious time for money (as most work requires).
Imagine living a lifestyle where you can make money anytime (even when you’re sleeping) or travel round the world and still getting paid doing what you want and love doing?
Well; those are some of the possibilities that affiliate marketing has to offer you.
So, what will you learn from this Affiliate marketing beginners guide?
One thing I can assure you is this; after reading this Affiliate Marketing for Beginners guide, you will definitely have a better understanding of how Affiliate Marketing works and how you too can profit from it!
- What is Affiliate Marketing, and how does Affiliate Marketing work?
- What are the Pros and Cons of Affiliate Marketing?
- Who is Affiliate Marketing for?
- What are the requirements you need to get started in Affiliate Marketing?
- Can you really make money in Affiliate Marketing?
- How much money can you make as an Affiliate Marketer?
- How can you get started as an Affiliate Marketer?
- What are the best ways to promote Affiliate products?
And many more….
So, let’s get started…
What is Affiliate Marketing, and how does Affiliate Marketing work?
Affiliate Marketing is simply a marketing method in which you recommend other people’s products or services to potential buyers and you get rewarded (commission) for every sales achieved from the customers or potential buyers you refer. It’s more of a performance-based marketing because it does require you to do some level of pre-sell. Although, the method of your pre-sell is entirely up to you!
The product owner is the vendor or merchant while the affiliate is you.
Basically; you’re generating sales for the product owner in exchange for commission that you get paid for each sales.
NOTE: Depending on the type of Affiliate Marketing you signed up for (Online or offline); you would surely have an affiliate link (URL) dedicated to you, or a unique referrer number (if you’re promoting offline).
Your affiliate link is what the vendor / merchant will use in identifying the numbers of people you’re sending to their website as potential buyers. Also; your affiliate link is what you’ll be using to drive traffic to the vendor’s website.
Who is Affiliate Marketing for?
Affiliate Marketing is practically for anyone interested in making money online regardless of your age; in as much you’re ready to learn and take the required action.
If you truly want to make money in Affiliate marketing; then, you just have to be willing and ready to learn how it works and you’ll see yourself profiting from it in no time.
Basically, Affiliate Marketing is a business model that provides you with endless opportunities!
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Affiliate Marketing?
After you’ve understood what Affiliate Marketing is all about; you definitely need to know what the Pros and Cons are. Like any other business opportunities; affiliate marketing is not exempted from some likely downsides or benefits!
The truth be told; there are plenty of benefits and challenges that you will possibly come across as an Affiliate Marketer, but at the end of the day; it all comes down to your ability to eliminate those problems and focus on what matters to you.
- You don’t need much investments or capital to start your own Affiliate marketing business. You can even start with as low as $100 (which includes owning your own blog).
- Affiliate marketing has a higher return on investment (ROI) if compared to other businesses. Basically you can earn up to 80% commission on some products (mostly digital products).
- Affiliate marketing can sometimes be a very easy way of making money online.
- You don’t need a product of your own to get started! Meaning; no headache of product creation.
- You don’t need any prior knowledge before you can start learning Affiliate marketing.
- Your income opportunities in Affiliate marketing has no limits, except the limits you put on yourself. There’re lots of Affiliate marketers making an average of $50,000 per month.
- Affiliate Marketing is very competitive, and can sometimes be quite challenging.
- As an Affiliate marketer, you don’t have any control over the products or program.
- Affiliate marketing can be quite expensive if you want immediate results.
- Getting results in affiliate marketing can sometimes take months if you’re not ready to invest on yourself.
What are the requirements you need to get started in Affiliate Marketing?
You don’t need much requirements to get started as an affiliate marketer other than a laptop or desktop and internet connection.
I often hear people saying you need a website before you can get started as an Affiliate Marketer; well, that’s not true!
You can basically start making money online as an Affiliate Marketer without owning your own website or blog. All you need to do is to “Link Directly” to the offer. What that means is that; you simply link directly to the vendor’s offer through any means of advertisements.
Giving you my personal experience; the first set of money I earned in Affiliate Marketing was through the above mentioned process (Direct Linking). It’s a very straightforward process, but the downside to this method is that it requires you spending on advertising and understanding the ads platform you decide to use.
Can you really make money in Affiliate Marketing?